Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had fun yesterday! Halloween this year was a little different for me, but my friend Maiga and I still managed to have a very good time. The biggest bummer for me was that I didn't have a costume, no money and no time to throw things together resulted in my looking fairly normal on Halloween. I was quite amused by all the compliments I got on my "costume" though, apparently my everyday ensemble didn't look too out of place amongst the ghouls and goblins. I was also very happy when my friend Raven and I were walking to class together and someone mistook her for my mother, upon which she decided to adopt me as her "honorary goth child." :) Hopefully I'll be employed again within the next few weeks so I can take advantage of the after Halloween clearance sales!
The holiday wasn't entirely without its opportunity for me indulge my love of costuming however! I had the pleasure of designing my friend's zombie outfit. This year was her first being something scary as opposed to something cute, and I was quite satisfied when she jumped at her own reflection in the mirror after I was done putting on her makeup (which really wasn't all that extreme, but when you've spent the last couple of years dressed as a candy corn witch or a butterfly, I suppose seeing yourself looking rather dead is a bit of a shock!)
Photo: Happy Halloween! Stop by Maiga Macke's house and we MIGHT not eat you...
Aren't we delightful? 
Better costume shot. :)
My little sister made her own ears, tail, and paws!
She also did her makeup herself and thrifted the dress to which she added fur.
Isn't she talented? <3
After a few hours of handing out candy to the Trick-or-Treaters, Maiga and I baked some Halloween cookies and watched Mama which I found to be the perfect blend of scary and cheesy. 


Looking forward to next year! 
Song of the Day: 
Uh...this music video...? But...this song!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment